Sunday, November 20, 2011

Homemade Doughnuts from Canned Biscuit Dough

http://pinterest.com/pin/32791903506353905/

I work with a woman who makes these with her preschool class at least twice a year.  I am, in no way shape or form, a virgin to eating these.  However, I'd never actually made my own. Last night, I decided to make some for my husband.  

Overall Comments:  Make sure to avoid the flaky layer biscuits, apparently this makes a huge difference.  Other than that, the only other issue I had was my aforementioned fear of frying things.  This of course, resulted in slightly under-cooked doughnuts as I found myself rushing them so that I could be done with this part of the process.  

When you disregard the slightly raw center, these are delicious.  However, for just my husband and I (while I gave Little Man a bite, he didn't have more than that) one can of biscuits = too many doughnuts for us.  This is def. something that would figure up to (in my opinion) a can of dough per family of four.  That being said, we tried them this morning and they were still very delicious aside from the slightly greasy aftertaste. 
Cost (approximately):  $1.25 for the biscuits.  Butter, sugar, cinnamon and oil are pretty standard kitchen supplies. 
Would I make it again?  Oh heck yeah.  I think we've decided that these are going to be our new traditional holiday morning fare (Christmas, birthdays, etc). 
What does the Mr think?  "Seriously? These are made from biscuits? Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment