Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dr Pepper Glazed Boneless Wings

http://pinterest.com/pin/32791903506290915/

OMG.  O---M---G. 

There's nothing super earth shatteringly new about the concept here, it's just making the worlds tastiest bbq sauce.  

Did I mention, yum?  

Overall Comments:  When I made this, I had a feeling it'd be tasty, so I doubled the recipe and I have a container in the fridge to be used later.  The recipe as written creates a very sweet sauce, but with a little extra hot sauce, some chopped garlic and a few drops of liquid smoke, it's delicious.  It does, however, take a while to reduce the Dr. Pepper to 1/8th the volume. 
Cost (approximately):  $0.50 for the Dr. Pepper, $1.00 for the chicken.  Everything else (butter, garlic, hot sauce, brown sugar, ketchup) is pretty standard kitchen fare. 
Would I make it again?  Oh heck yeah.  
What does the Mr think?  "This is pretty good.  Maybe next time we can add a little more spice to it, but then again, I'm not a sissy when it comes to heat, like my wife is" 

No comments:

Post a Comment