Sunday, November 20, 2011

Garlic Chicken Pasta Stuff

http://pinterest.com/pin/32791903506301350/

So this is what it looks like when they make it.


This is what it looks like when I make it.  

Ok, so not too bad once you take away the nice camera, the pretty plate and the good lighting.  I think I did pretty good on this one.  It's fairly easy, fairly tasty, but I'd make some substitutions if I make it again.  

I followed the recipe pretty much to the letter only really fudging the amount of pepper I used.  We love pepper, but the blogger pinned stated it can get VERY peppery.  

Overall Comments:  This recipe is what happens when a traditional recipe and a crock pot recipe hook up in a car on a summer night.  Cooking the chicken takes all day (6 hours) in the crockpot, but figure another 45 minutes to cook the bacon, the pasta and make the sauce. 
Cost (approximately):  $3 for bacon, $1 marinade, $1 chicken, $2 cream, $2 cheese, $0.75 pasta. 
Would I make it again?  Yeah, it's pretty tasty.  I'd likely add in some sauteed onions and a sweeter veggie such as corn or peas to balance out the greasy feel from the bacon, butter, cream and cheese.  
What does the Mr think?  "It reminds me of a carbonara.  I'd add onions, some white wine and maybe some peas." 


No comments:

Post a Comment