Sunday, November 20, 2011

Braided Spaghetti Bread

http://pinterest.com/pin/32791903506371141/

So this looks awesome, right? 

I thought so too.  For a carb addict like me, this picture represents everything good and holy in life:  Pasta, bread and cheese.  In one easy peasy package. 

I get to the store and I realize I can't remember what all it calls for.  I grab a can of bread dough and cheese, because I have everything else at home.  

Long story super short, I've tried this two different times (once actually following the recipe) and both times, mine looks NOTHING like this picture.  However, as we all know, what looks like crap doesn't always taste like it.  Now this is actually the recipe experience that inspired this blog and the one in which the pictures would be by far the best (to date), but alas, I have no pictures.  If I try it again, I'll take pictures, I promise. 

Overall Comments:  Holy crap this is difficult, even when you follow the directions!
Cost (approximately):  $2 for bread dough, $0.80 for pasta, $1.50 for sauce, $2.00 for cheese, $1.00 for meat. 
Would I make it again?  I've already made it twice, but I'd likely make it again.  I don't like being mocked by pasta. 
What does the Mr think?  It's pretty tasty even if it looks like crap every time we make it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment